Sophie Blackall Illustration

Drawings and Snippets and Breaking News, (but more snippets than breaking news).

Friday, September 20, 2013

A Drawing for a Drawing (for a drawing)



 This Saturday September 21st (tomorrow in fact!) I will be at the Princeton Children's Book Festival, (with an astonishing bunch of authors and illustrators, (see the full list here!)
I am doing an Ivy and Bean giveaway, a drawing for a drawing. That is, you come to the festival, do me a drawing on the spot of Ivy and Bean, drop it in the receptacle designed for the purpose, and the winner will be randomly drawn, (plucked, not sketched) at the end of the day. You get the original painting for page 62 of Ivy and Bean Make the Rules (see below), and I get a lovely bunch of Ivys and Beans. Which I will put up here afterwards for those of you who can't make it to Princeton. I'm excited. See you there!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad I found this blog! I have read Ivy and Bean to my 3rd graders many times. :) Your illustrations are wonderful!

Elaine Kiely Kearns said...

I'm so happy we (my daughters, Tara and Meghan and I) were able to meet with you today! My girls were thrilled to be able to chat with a real "illustrator!" Thank you!